Would you like to run for a TSDA Officer position? It is great leadership experience!
Please submit a video along with the application for members to vote on. Submit both via email to email@example.com . You can attach the video however you would like. For instance, you can upload it to YouTube video and attach the link in the email.
The application can be downloaded here: TSDA Officer App.
The Deadline to apply for the 2018-2019 academic year is MARCH 30th
Voting will begin April 1st!!
The new officers will be announced April 13th at the Texas Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics Annual Conference & Exhibition (before nutrition bowl), honored with a graduation stole, and will be featured on the blog!
Below is a description of each position:
- Works with the Texas Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics to plan TSDA activities and the annual meeting
- Presides over TSDA meetings, including TSDA executive board meetings and general business meetings
- Responsible for inviting speakers for meetings
- Works with Historian to recruit writers for the blog
- Informs universities with DPD/CP programs of TSDA activities
- Hosts monthly (at least) in-person or telephone/Skype conferences with the other officers
- Works with officers to help guide their roles and make sure they are progressing toward their goals in a timely manner
- The President-elect (Vice-President) shall succeed to the office of President following his or her term as President-Elect or in cases of Presidential Vacancy. *The President-elect must therefore be available to serve for a total of two years on the TSDA Executive Board*
- Liaison to the region directors of Texas
- Helps president communicate to universities
- Helps president plan for meetings
- Presides when the president cannot
- Must have previous leadership experience
- Take notes at officer meetings
- Takes notes at organizational meetings for blog re-cap
- Work with treasurer with fundraising projects/ideas
- Responsible for t-shirt distribution to members during meeting at Texas A&M Dietetic Internship Workshop
- Track member hours for graduation cords.
- Organize new officer submissions for elections
- Keep a running ledger on Excel of all expenses, debits, and credits
- Keeps bank account balanced
- Keeps e-card reader
- Cross reference amount in bank account with running Excel ledger monthly
- Writes checks for reimbursement
- Collects money from purchased t-shirts in the form of cash or e-card reader
- Stores and Ships t-shirts
- Purchase items for meetings in Fall and Spring semester
- Maintains the Website/ Blog
- Creates Posts at least 2 times a month
- Network (with President) with local DPD, Dietetic Interns, and RDNs for posts
- Create flyers/advertisements when requested
- Keep activity up by members via social media (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter)
- Computer knowledge and creativity are a must for this fun job!