How to answer common internship interview questions
- #1: Tell us a bit about yourself.
- #2: Why have you applied for this internship?
- #3: Why have you applied for an internship at our company?
- #4: Why do you want to work in this industry?
- #5: What are your strengths?
- #6: How do you prioritise your work?
- 1 What is the best answer to why do you want to do this internship?
- 2 What would you like to achieve during your internship?
- 3 How do you answer what do you want to learn from this internship?
- 4 What effort will you do to complete this internship answer?
- 5 Why are you suitable for this job?
- 6 Why do I like working as a team?
- 7 What should I do during internship?
- 8 Why would you like to do this internship?
- 9 What are you expecting from this job?
- 10 What do you want to achieve in your career Sample answer?
- 11 What do you want to achieve in your career?
- 12 What should I do after an internship?
- 13 How can I impress my internship?
What is the best answer to why do you want to do this internship?
I have all the skills and qualifications listed in the job description, and if you hire me, I promise to deliver quality work throughout the tenure of the internship. I possess excellent communication skills, I’m a team player, and most importantly, I’m a dedicated worker. All I want is a chance to prove it to you.”
What would you like to achieve during your internship?
What Do You Want to Achieve During Your Internship?
- Learn new skills.
- Put what you’ve learnt at school into practice.
- Build your résumé.
- Meet new contacts.
- Get a foot in the door with a preferred employer.
How do you answer what do you want to learn from this internship?
Follow these steps to effectively answer ‘What do you hope to gain from this position?’:
- Discuss your skills. Start your response by mentioning skills you hope to utilize and others you hope to develop if you were to get the job.
- Incorporate a few details.
- Share your career goals.
- Show your excitement.
What effort will you do to complete this internship answer?
Here are 10 steps to take to gain all you can from your internship:
- Set clear goals for the internship.
- Always follow through.
- Own mistakes and fix them.
- Make new connections.
- Identify a mentor.
- Practice collaborating with others.
- Seek out growth opportunities.
- Keep a journal to track experience.
Why are you suitable for this job?
Possible Answer 3: “Honestly, I possess all the skills and experience that you’re looking for. I’m pretty confident that I am the best candidate for this job role. It’s not just my background in the past projects, but also my people skills, which will be applicable in this position.
Why do I like working as a team?
While our work lives are probably not as dramatic, team mates tend to stick up for each other, cover during periods of absence and help out in busy times. They support you when you make mistakes, they encourage you to meet your goals.
What should I do during internship?
Here are our top 10 things to do during an internship
- Do your homework. Research the company you’re about to start with.
- Set goals.
- Develop your relationship with your mentor.
- Get good at time management.
- Own your mistakes.
- Present yourself well.
- Act appropriately.
Why would you like to do this internship?
You can learn from the best during an internship. People will be watching over you and working closely with you on projects so that you have someone to look up to and a goal to work towards. Perhaps you will learn new skills from these people and new things about the industry and life that you didn’t know before.
What are you expecting from this job?
Answering questions about your expectations for the company “My expectations for the company would be to provide a work environment in which I can contribute to the team, I receive appreciation for my contributions, I have job stability and the ability to grow with the company.
What do you want to achieve in your career Sample answer?
I enjoy challenges and look forward to opportunities where I will be able to assume more responsibilities. Ultimately, I’d like to move into management with a focus on strategy and development and work my way into a long-term position where I can build a solid career.
What do you want to achieve in your career?
Career Goals Examples (Short-term & Long-term)
- Gain a New Skill.
- Boost Your Networking Abilities.
- Intern with a Large Company to Gain Experience.
- Start Your Own Business.
- Improve Your Sales or Productivity Numbers.
- Earn a Degree or Certification.
- Make a Career Switch.
- Become an Expert in Your Field.
What should I do after an internship?
4 things to do after completing your summer internship
- Say thank you and stay connected. A great way to finish your internship is to write a thank-you note to your supervisor and anyone else who influenced your experience.
- Take inventory of your skills.
- Update your resume.
- Prepare for your next internship or job search.
How can I impress my internship?
5 Ways to Impress As an Intern
- Treat it like a real job – and dress the part.
- Make yourself indispensable.
- But don’t refuse the “intern” tasks.
- Ask questions and be curious.
- Make friends and enjoy yourself.