Each year, Simon & Schuster offers three, 10-week internship programs in the summer, fall, and spring. Fall and spring internships are designed to accommodate academic programming, and require 16–20 hours of work per week. The summer session runs 35 hours per week. Interns are paid $13/hour.
- 1 How long does the internship process take?
- 2 How long is an intern interview?
- 3 How many interns are accepted?
- 4 Who is the hiring manager at Simon and Schuster?
- 5 How do you know if you got the internship?
- 6 Do interns get paid?
- 7 How do see yourself in 5 years?
- 8 What should I ask during internship?
- 9 What are the expectations of an intern from the internship?
- 10 Do most interns get hired?
- 11 Is internship hard to get?
- 12 Do internships look good for college?
- 13 Is Simon and Schuster a good company to work for?
How long does the internship process take?
The length of an internship depends on the industry, time of year, and whether or not you’re still in school. Some are as short as eight weeks, while others are a year long. If you’re still in college, you’ll be more likely to find summer internships.
How long is an intern interview?
Really, the (first) internship interview will last between 15 – 35 minutes. Depending on the number of candidates being interviewed the interviewer may take more time to ask certain questions.
How many interns are accepted?
In 2018, the offer rate for interns is 59 percent, the acceptance rate is 77.3 percent, and the conversion rate is 45.6 percent. (See Figure 1.) In comparison to last year, both the offer rate and conversion rate decreased while the acceptance rate increased slightly for interns.
Who is the hiring manager at Simon and Schuster?
Headquartered in New York City, Simon & Schuster employs 1,100 people in the U.S. and another 200 around the globe. Joy Bertan, director of staffing, says she hires new people every month. She shares some tips on how to stand out in this competitive industry. What qualities do you look for in every candidate?
How do you know if you got the internship?
How to Know If You Got the Job
- They ask to check references after an interview.
- They ask if you have other interviews happening.
- They ask about your salary requirements after an interview.
- The company pulls down the job listing.
- The interviewer is visibly excited/positive toward you in the interview.
Do interns get paid?
What Do Interns Typically Get Paid? The National Association of Colleges & Employers (NACE) reported that the average hourly wage for undergraduate interns rose from $16.35 in 2014 to $18.06 in 2017. With paid internships, students are typically paid weekly, bi-weekly, monthly or provided a stipend.
How do see yourself in 5 years?
How to answer ‘where do you see yourself in five years?’ in an interview
- Get clear about your career goals. Take some time to brainstorm what your career goals are for the next five years.
- Find connections between your goals and the job description.
- Ask yourself if the company can prepare you for your career goals.
What should I ask during internship?
Top 10 Questions You Should Be Asking During Your Internship
- How can I make myself indispensable to this company this summer?
- How can I network through this internship and build connections/relationships for the future?
- How do I know if I want to pursue a career in this industry in the future?
What are the expectations of an intern from the internship?
What should I expect from a good internship?
- Pay – you are entitled to at least the National Minimum Wage – and expenses if appropriate.
- A contract.
- The chance to learn valuable work skills and gain useful experience.
- Sensible working hours.
- To be treated with the same respect as any other member of staff.
Do most interns get hired?
Internships are the test drive employers need before they seal the deal—so interns, this is your shot to show you’re a worthy hire. Do it well and you could be part of the nearly 52% of interns offered full-time jobs, according to research by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE).
Is internship hard to get?
Getting an internship isn’t quite as hard as you might think and getting your dream internship is far more achievable than you’ve led yourself to believe. You just have to follow a few simple steps (don’t get us wrong, it’ll still take hard work) and soon you’ll be getting your ideal internship in college.
Do internships look good for college?
Internships. Internships are a great way to show colleges that you have already gained some experience in your chosen field. For example, business students might do an internship with a local company in their marketing department or another department, which should be included on a college application.
Is Simon and Schuster a good company to work for?
Simon and Schuster is a great place to work. It has a friendly atmosphere and enjoyable work environment. I would recommend it to anyone looking to get into the publishing industry.