The CIA requires that you pass a polygraph test, a medical exam and a background check. Upwards of thousands of students compete for a CIA internship, so the process can take from 9 to 12 months. Equally important to the application process is meeting the CIA internship program’s minimum requirements.
- 1 How much do CIA interns get paid?
- 2 How do you become a CIA intern?
- 3 How hard is it to get hired by the CIA?
- 4 How do you get recruited by the CIA?
- 5 Can CIA agents tell their family?
- 6 Can you put CIA on your resume?
- 7 Does the CIA have interns?
- 8 How much do FBI interns get paid?
- 9 What disqualifies you from the CIA?
- 10 What is a CIA internship like?
- 11 Is there an age limit for CIA?
- 12 Does CIA recruit out of high school?
- 13 What colleges does the CIA recruit from?
- 14 How long is CIA training?
How much do CIA interns get paid?
CIA Salary FAQs The average salary for an Intern is $40,103 per year in United States, which is 20% lower than the average CIA salary of $50,328 per year for this job.
How do you become a CIA intern?
- Full-time student pursuing an undergraduate degree from a variety of majors, including: Area Studies. Computer Science. Cybersecurity. Economics. Engineering.
- Availability to work at least one 90-day tour prior to graduation with the possibility to do additional tours depending on availability.
How hard is it to get hired by the CIA?
The requirements to apply for the clandestine service are difficult, but certainly not impossible. All applicants have to have a bachelor’s degree and have earned at least a 3.0 GPA in college.
How do you get recruited by the CIA?
If you are interested in a career as a CIA agent, here are some steps you need to follow:
- Earn a bachelor’s degree.
- Consider earning a master’s degree.
- Become fluent in one or two foreign languages.
- Gain relevant experience.
- Complete the required testing and medical examinations.
- Finish an internal training program.
Can CIA agents tell their family?
When CIA officers travel, they may not be able to tell their families about their travel destinations; however, families always have a way to contact someone at the CIA to find out where an officer is located in case of emergency.
Can you put CIA on your resume?
Although the CIA is a federal agency, you should not submit a federal-style resume. All resumes submitted to the CIA go directly to recruiters for the Directorate to which you applied. Due to the volume of resumes the CIA receives, there is no time for hiring managers to review lengthy federal-style resumes.
Does the CIA have interns?
Our student (internship and co-operative education) programs offer highly unique and rewarding student experiences as you help keep our Nation safe. Work alongside experts in your field of study as you gain real-world experience within the Intelligence Community.
How much do FBI interns get paid?
The typical Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Intern salary is $17 per hour. Intern salaries at Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) can range from $16 – $21 per hour.
What disqualifies you from the CIA?
Recent involvement in criminal or unethical behavior can disqualify you from getting a clearance. This includes pending criminal charges, felony convictions, and a dishonorable discharge. In addition, crimes like illegal downloading of copyrighted material can also be an issue.
What is a CIA internship like?
Interns do not do espionage work, but have lower level responsibilities in various departments, helping experts in a number of fields. Internships usually last a minimum of 90 days, provide a generous salary, medical insurance and even paid vacation.
Is there an age limit for CIA?
The hiring and screening process for CIA agents is very competitive, lengthy, and thorough. The CIA pays out a one-time lump sum bonus—the maximum amount is $35,000—to individuals fluent in another language. You must be a U.S. Citizen and be no older than 35 years of age (the age limit may be waived in certain cases).
Does CIA recruit out of high school?
Some kids who have just graduated from high school can start working at the CIA. There’s an even more extensive college internship program.
What colleges does the CIA recruit from?
USC is the first Southern California campus to participate in the CIA’s collegiate marketing program. Other schools have included UC Berkeley, San Jose State, Georgia State, the University of Pittsburgh and Morehouse College, according to CIA spokesman George Little.
How long is CIA training?
The CIA training program is an extensive, 18-month, headquarters-based program.