Texas Student Dietetic Association (TSDA) President-Elect Officer Application for 2020-2021 academic school year
Texas Student Dietetic Association (TSDA) Officers shall be elected by a majority vote of the voting chapters at the annual TSDA meeting. Individuals elected as state officers shall hold office from the close of the meeting through the conclusion of the following year’s meeting. The state officers shall consist of and be elected in this order: President-Elect, Secretary, Treasurer, and Historian.
TSDA OFFICER QUALIFICATIONS
- Only active TSDA members will be eligible for a state office. Graduate students may not run for office.
- The candidate must be currently enrolled in an Accreditation Council of Education for Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) accredited program, Student Dietetic Association (SDA), and student member in the Academy.
- A candidate may seek only one office.
- No individual may serve in the same state office for more than two consecutive years.
- All candidates should have the ability to express their ideas and to make decisions.
- Officer applications must be sent electronically to the current TSDA president.
- Candidates running for President-Elect should try to secure the signature of a Registered Dietitian in their community or school who is willing to serve as the TSDA Adviser during their Presidency. If the candidate cannot locate an RD willing to take on this responsibility, the current committee will help search for someone statewide that is willing to serve in this capacity.
- Each candidate will be allowed a maximum of two minutes for a speech video.
- Candidates should talk about the importance of statewide leadership in the field of dietetics, their qualifications, and their interest in the specific position.
- Complete application should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications are due October 25, 2020.
- Election for president-elect position will take place October 31- November 6.
Only President-Elect applications are currently open for the 2020-2021 academic school year.