Thai Lettuce Wraps
- 4 oz – shredded chicken breast (cooked)
- 1 Tbsp – Toasted rice powder (see notes)
- 1 Tbsp – Green onions (thinly sliced)
- 1 Tbsp – Cilantro (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp – fried onion
- 1 tsp – fish sauce
- 1 tsp – cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp – lime juice
- Chili peppers (optional)
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Serve on top of lettuce and topped with sliced chili peppers.
- Wraps can be served with cucumbers, radish, or rice. Garnish with mint.
Note: Toasted rice powder can be store bought but can also be homemade. To make from home, add rice to medium heat pan. Continue stirring the rice to prevent them from burning. Add toasted rice to a food processor once lightly browned. Process the toasted rice until it becomes a powder.
View this post on Instagram
Lettuce get started on the video recipe! Thai Lettuce Wraps! . This recipe is from a dish called Larb. Larb is a meat salad flavored with lime juice, spices, toasted rice powder, fermented fish, and herbs. It is unofficially the national dish of Laos. . My parents and I tweaked the recipe to bring out more flavor since we decided to add less salt (they both have elevated blood pressure and research has shown lowering consumption of salt can improve blood pressure and heart health.) . Check out the full recipe at @texasdieteticstudents . The link will be in my bio! . . Music by: Oliver Michael – Wansui.