What you need:
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 1 ½ cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup nut butter (any)
- ¼ dark chocolate chunks
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¾ nuts (any), chopped
- ¼ dried cranberries or raisins
- 1 tsp cinnamon
What to do:
- In a blender/food processor grind dates into little bits, and then transport into a medium-sized bowl.
- Stir together all ingredients until combined completely.
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper. Scoop the whole mixture in the dish, lightly pressing down making all areas even.
- Allow to cool and bind in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Make cuts for 8 bars and wrap in plastic wrap if storing for later.
About the author, Hannah Hogg:
Coming to you from Texas Woman’s University, I am a senior dietetics student pursuing my passion in people and nutrition. I love food, all kinds, and I’m always willing to try new things! As I experiment in my kitchen with creatively delicious and healthy recipes, I post them on my food blog, Chew True. Here, I’ve included my latest recipe post! While on my food-filled journey, I truly aspire to help others live healthier, happier lifestyles. The secret to understanding the epic novel we call Health, is that it all starts with what we eat. Join me on this journey and check out my blog, www.chewtrue.wordpress.com, follow my instagram @chewtrue, or like Chew True on Facebook. Stay true to yourself and eat true to your health!
Hannah’s Truth of Day: The more you venture into yourself the more you venture into the world. Despite your external experiences allow yourself to experience your internal. Because, there is no difference between who you are inside and what you perceive outside.